What is Grand Jeté Barre?
What do I need to know before my first class?
Come prepared to workout and have a great time! We’ll be moving throughout the hour-long class, using free weights, a GJ exercise ball, and floor mats. For an hour, you’ll do everything from tendus and battements to planks and push-ups. We’ll explain each exercise as the class progresses, so both new and former clients will receive the most effective workout.
Can this help me lose weight?
Our barre classes incorporate cardio and strength training exercises to increase your fitness levels and overall health. We will do everything we can to help you meet your personal goals. Our clients have seen success in weight loss, increased flexibility, gaining muscle strength, and elevating oxygen intake. For additional assistance, we partner with Suzanne Eleazer-Pirkle of NutriFocus to provide support in the area of diet and nutrition.
What do I wear?
Our clients typically wear workout capris or leggings and a top that allows them to move freely. We do ask that all clients cover their midriffs and refrain from wearing shorts or skirts in class. Also, you will need GJ barre socks or ballet slippers.
I’ve never danced; can I do this?
Of course! The majority of our clients have little to no dance experience. Some were dancers as children and are just looking for a fun way to workout. We’ll teach you what you need to know for the classes.
How many times a week should I attend?
Attendance varies for our clients. Some just drop-in on the weekends while others are in here 4-5x/week. We recommend clients attend at least 3-4x/week for the greatest benefit. Having said that, anything is better than nothing at all!
Am I too old? Or too young?
We have clients of all ages – from teens to women in their 70’s. If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must sign your waiver prior to attendance.
Where do I buy barre socks?
We sell GJ barre socks in our boutique for $12+tax. These can be purchased before class.
What do I bring to class?
All you’ll need are your GJ barre socks or ballet slippers; we provide the rest. We offer beverages and snacks if you would like to purchase those before or after class.
How do I sign-up for class?
To sign-up for a class, you’ll need to create an account on MindBody. You can do so by going to the Schedule A Class link. From there, you’ll be able to purchase and add classes to your schedule.
What is the wait list policy?
- The online wait-list option is available for 6:00am, 8:15am, 5:30pm, and Saturday – 8:00am classes. If the class is full, clients will have the ability to add their name to this list when registering for a class through MindBody.
- For our other classes, clients may add their name to the wait-list by e-mailing email@example.com.
- Please note that clients with unlimited membership receive priority as it pertains to the wait-list.
- Clients will receive an e-mailing confirming their spot in the class if/when one is available.
- Clients wait-listed for a weekday-6:00am class or Saturday-8:00am class must check their e-mail at or after 6:00pm on the evening prior to the class. After the 6:00pm cancellation window has closed, no wait-listed clients will be automatically added to the following morning’s class.
- Clients wait-listed for any other barre class must check their e-mail at or less than one-hour prior to the start of class. Following the one-hour cancellation window has closed, no wait-listed client will be automatically added to the class.
- As a courtesy, please only utilize the wait-list if you are certain you can attend the specified class.
- Also, please remove your name from the wait-list if you are no longer able to attend the specified class.
- The cancellation policy still applies to clients being added from a wait-list.
- We reserve the right to adjust this policy as necessary for full classes. Affected clients will be notified via e-mail.
How do I redeem my Groupon?
In order to register for a class using your Groupon, you will need to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow at least 24 hours for a reply.
Where do I park?
Parallel parking is available in front of our studio. There are also spaces directly across the street and in the lot at the corner of Cahaba Road and Fairway Drive.
How do I add my name to the wait list?
We offer a wait list option for our full classes. You’ll have the option to do this online, when registering for a class. If a space opens in the class, you will be contacted via e-mail and automatically added to the class.
Do you have a place I can change when I arrive?
We have a changing room in the back for our clients to use before and after class.
What if I need to cancel my reservation?
This can be done online, by accessing your Grand Jeté account, viewing your schedule, and selecting “cancel.” Please note our cancellation policy in order to avoid a late fee.
I’m pregnant; can I do the workout?
We’ve had clients in our classes throughout their pregnancy. We do, however, ask that you confirm this with your doctor prior to joining us.
Is it possible to put my membership on hold?
This varies based on which package you are using and the circumstances. In most cases, we do not offer holds or pauses on accounts. Please e-mail email@example.com with any questions.
Do you offer private lessons or group classes?
Yes! We love hosting groups for a “Girl’s Night Out,” birthdays, or even the occasional “Couple’s Class.” Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.